You Shouldn’t Have To Pay The Price For A Hit-And-Run
While car accidents can be traumatic enough on their own, these collisions can be far more upsetting when other drivers fail to stop and, instead, flee the scene. In many hit-and-run cases, the drivers who flee are trying to avoid having to take responsibility for causing the accident and/or possibly facing criminal charges for their negligent or reckless behavior behind the wheel.
Regardless of why other drivers have fled the scene, accident victims should know that they may still be able to obtain compensation for their damages and losses, even if the other driver can’t be tracked down.
Compensation For Hit-And-Run Victims
When the negligent drivers who caused hit-and-runs leave victims to deal with the aftermath of these accidents on their own, these victims may be able to get compensation from their own insurers if they have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
However, because insurance companies are notoriously difficult to deal with (as insurers typically want to minimize payouts on legitimate claims), it’s important that victims have experienced legal representation to ensure that they get the full amount of compensation they deserve after hit-and-runs.
Get The Compensation You Deserve
After a hit-and-run car accident in the Montgomery or Birmingham areas, you can count on attorney Joe Reed at Joe Reed & Associates, LLC, to navigate the legal headaches. He is skilled at helping victims get the compensation they deserve.
You can count on him to:
- Conduct thorough investigations to try to identify and track down the drivers responsible for your hit-and-run accident
- Aggressively advocate for your rights to justice and compensation
- Stand up to insurers and get you the full amount of the compensation to which you are entitled
Mr. Reed’s experience, dedication and extensive legal knowledge make him effective at helping our clients obtain the best possible outcomes in their motor vehicle accident cases. By trusting him to represent you, you can rest assured that our skilled and dependable car accident attorney will build you a strong case, stand up for your rights at every step of the legal process and work tirelessly to resolve your case as favorably as possible.
Hit-and-Run Accident Statistics: Hit-and-Runs On The Rise In The US
Unfortunately, the number of hit-and-runs in the U.S. seems to be on the rise, according to reports from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). In fact, hit-and-run accident statistics reveal that:
- Over the past few years, there has been a nearly 4% increase in the number of hit-and-runs occurring in the U.S.
- Fatalities caused by hit-and-run accidents have increased by approximately 13.7%, despite the fact that the overall number of deaths caused by motor vehicle accidents has decreased by about 4.5%.
- About 60% of all hit-and-run deaths involve pedestrians.
- Motorists are more likely to flee the scene of the accident if they perceive that there is a reason to do so. In fact, some of the most common reasons drivers have given for fleeing accident scenes include that they were:
- Intoxicated and wanted to avoid DUI charges
- Driving without a license
- Afraid, which is especially a factor with more inexperienced drivers
- Otherwise negligent in causing the accident and wanted to avoid being held responsible for their role in the collision