Continuing from where Premises Liability Lawsuits: FAQs (Pt. 1) left off, here are some more responses to commonly posed questions about these types of personal injury cases.
Q – What should I do if insurers are calling me about the accident and my premises liability claim?
Premises liability lawsuits can be crucial to helping victims obtain the compensation they deserve. Here’s some important info about these cases. Or call us to get answers today.
A – Ideally, you should refer insurers to your attorney and avoid dealing with these agents altogether. If you don’t yet have an attorney, then:
- Avoid saying anything to insurers that could be used to try to minimize your payout.
- Do not sign anything without first speaking to a lawyer.
- Do not accept any settlement before talking to an attorney.
The bottom line here is that you need to be aware that insurers are NOT on your side in premises liability lawsuits and that, instead, they will likely be trying to undervalue your claim. The best way to fight this and get the full amount of the compensation to which you are entitled is to have one of our trusted lawyers representing you.
Q – Should I wait to see a doctor for my injuries?
A – No. See a doctor and start getting the medical care you need. As you seek medical treatment, however, it can be very helpful for a future premises liability case to:
- Keep copies of all letters or documents your doctor gives you regarding your injuries, diagnosis and/or treatment.
- Keep copies of all medical bills you incur as you get your injuries treated.
- Keep records of time you may have missed from work due to your injuries.
Such documentation can be invaluable when it comes time later to seek compensation via premises liability lawsuits.
Q – What type of compensation can I expect from my premises liability case?
A – It depends on the details of your case. The bottom line with compensation in premises liability lawsuits is that various factors can contribute to value of these cases, with some of these factors including (but not being limited to):
- How severely you were injured, including whether your injuries have resulted in permanent impairments, negative impacts to your quality of life, etc.
- How much additional medical treatment you need to recover (or simply live when the injuries may be more serious in nature)
- The mental suffering you’ve endured due to your injuries.
There can be other forms of compensation in these cases, so (again) it’s best to consult with one of our skilled lawyers to find out more about the value of your case and what types of compensation you may be able to expect if you end up moving forward with us.
We will answer some final questions about premises liability lawsuits in the final part of this blog series that will be posted soon – check it out!
Montgomery and Birmingham Premises Liability Attorneys at Joe Reed & Associates, LLC
Have you been hurt at someone else’s dangerous property? If so, you can count on the Montgomery and Birmingham premises liability lawyers at Joe Reed & Associates, LLC to be aggressive advocates for your rights. For more than 16 years, we have been dedicated to the pursuit of justice in every case we oversee, and our experience, dedication and extensive knowledge of the law makes us effective at helping our clients obtain the best possible outcomes to their important cases.
To set up this meeting today, call us at 334-834-2000, or email us using the contact form at the top of this page. Initial consultations are free in most cases, and evening and weekend appointments are available for your convenience.