Continuing from What to Look for in a Personal Injury Attorney (Pt. 1), below, we will point out some more important things to keep in mind as you look for the right personal injury attorney for you and your case.
More Things to Look for in a Personal Injury Attorney
3 – Valid credentials
As you look for a personal injury attorney, checking a lawyer’s credentials with the Alabama Bar Association can be enlightening. Contact us, however when you are ready to move forward with the best personal injury attorneys.
Once you’ve compiled a list of 5 or so viable options for lawyers, the next important step to take as you look for a personal injury attorney who can successfully resolve your case is valid credentials. In particular, take a little bit of time to make sure that the lawyers whom you are considering are actually licensed to practice law – and, namely, personal injury law – in the state of Alabama.
You can do this by going directly to the Alabama Bar Association’s (ABA) website and searching the personal injury attorney by name (in fact, you can do this right here). By doing this little bit of extra research, you can make sure that:
- You do not end up choosing a “professional” who isn’t licensed to practice law in the state of Alabama.
- You don’t end up with a lawyer who may have a lot of prior complaints filed against him or her (as the ABA retains records of formal complaints filed against its members).
- You ultimately select a qualified, licensed personal injury attorney.
4 – Satisfied former clients
After verifying various lawyers’ credentials, continue your effort to search for the right personal injury attorney by researching what former clients of your various options have to say about them. In particular:
- Read some testimonials on the lawyer’s website.
- Look at reviews on the lawyer’s social media page.
- Try to find reviews on third-party sites.
By checking these three places for reviews from a lawyer’s former clients, you can get a clearer insight as to:
- The types of positive or negative things people have had to say about a particular personal injury attorney
- What to expect if you end up selecting that lawyer to represent you.
Look for the conclusion to this blog series that will be posted soon.
Montgomery and Birmingham Personal Injury Attorneys at Joe Reed & Associates, LLC
Have you been injured due to someone else’s negligence, carelessness or recklessness? If so, you can count on the Montgomery and Birmingham personal injury lawyers at Joe Reed & Associates, LLC to be aggressive advocates for your rights.
By trusting us to represent you, you can rest assured that our skilled and dependable Montgomery and Birmingham personal injury attorneys will build you a strong case, will stand up for your rights at every step of the legal process and will work relentlessly to resolve your case as favorably as possible.
You are invited to attend an initial consultation to discuss your case and learn more about your rights. To set up this meeting today, call us at 334-834-2000, or email us using the contact form at the top of this page. Initial consultations are free in most cases, and evening and weekend appointments are available for your convenience.