Here’s the final installment of this blog series.
Additional Questions to Ask a Montgomery Personal Injury Attorney
6 – What do your former clients have to say about you? Can I talk to some of them?
This question can shed some light on the quality of legal services a lawyer is known for providing. While a lawyer may refer you to his or her website for testimonials, it’s also important to:
- Ask for specific references – If a lawyer can’t give you a phone number of a former client who you can call and talk to, this is probably not a good sign. If you do get a number of a reference, call the person and ask about his or her experience with that lawyer. It can be helpful to specifically ask what (s)he would change about that experience.
- Consider checking out reviews posted on legal directories/third party sites – This can help you get a more well-rounded perspective of a lawyer and the quality of services (s)he provides.
7 – Will you be personally handling my case for its entirety?
If the answer to this question is not “yes,” then follow up this question by asking:
- Who else may be overseeing or working on your case
- Whether that individual is a licensed attorney
- When your case will be handed off
- Whether you can meet with the other(s) who may be working on your case.
Ideally, however, you will want to retain a Montgomery personal injury attorney who will meet with your personally for an initial consult and who will be the same legal professional overseeing and resolving your case.
8 – Why are you a better choice than another lawyer I may be considering?
While you can, of course, ask many other questions of a Montgomery personal injury attorney during an initial consult, this is a great question to end the meeting with because it gives a lawyer the opportunity to:
- Sum up his or her best qualities
- Sell you on him or herself
- Show you how persuasive (s)he can be.
Good answers to this question can include (but are by no means limited to) pointing out the lawyer’s:
- Success rate
- High-quality legal services
- Dedication to his or her clients.
Birmingham and Montgomery Personal Injury Attorney at Joe Reed & Associates, LLC
When others’ negligence, recklessness or carelessness ends up hurting you or someone you love, you can count on an experienced Birmingham and Montgomery personal injury attorney at Joe Reed & Associates, LLC to be aggressive advocates for your rights. For more than 16 years, we have been dedicated to the pursuit of justice in every case we oversee, and our experience, dedication and extensive knowledge of the law makes us effective at helping our clients succeed in their financial recovery.