Continuing from where Car Accidents, Negligence & Compensation for Victims: FAQs (Pt. 1) left off, here we will provide some more answers to frequently asked questions about car accident cases, claims and compensation.
Knowing your rights after car accidents can be pivotal to getting the compensation you deserve. Check out these car accident FAQs or call us for more info.
Q – What is the value of my car accident claim?
A – The value of a car accident case will hinge on a number of different factors, only some of which may include:
- The injuries a person sustained and whether or not these have resulted in permanent impairments
- The types of medical treatments a person has undergone for his car accident injuries (and whether he will need any long-term medical care to recover from these injuries)
- The amount of damage to a person’s vehicle
- Whether a person may have missed any work due to his car accident injuries.
Q – How long will it take for me to get compensation?
A – Again, the length of a case will hinge on a number of different factors, only some of which include:
- Whether the car accident was a hit-and-run
- How many other people (drivers and others, including vehicle occupants, pedestrians, etc.) are involved in the collision
- Whether insurance companies are more or less willing to offer fair compensation in these cases
- Whether you may or may not have played a role in contributing to the accident.
Remember, you can easily get more specific answers about your car accident case by contacting Joe Reed & Associates, LLC.
Q – How long will I have to file my case?
A – This is a very important issue when it comes to car accident cases. In Alabama, you have two years from the date of an accident to file your car accident claim. In other words, there is a two-year statute of limitations for filing car accident cases in Alabama.
If you end up waiting too long and try to file your car accident case after the two-year deadline, your case will be thrown out of court, and you will lose your opportunity to get compensation for your car accident injuries, damages and losses.
For some final important information regarding car accident cases and claim, be sure to check out the conclusion to this blog series that will be posted soon.
Montgomery and Birmingham Car Accident Attorneys at Joe Reed & Associates, LLC
After being hurt in any type of motor vehicle accident, you can count on the Montgomery and Birmingham car accident lawyers at Joe Reed & Associates, LLCto be aggressive advocates for your rights.
For more than 16 years, we have been dedicated to the pursuit of justice in every case we oversee, and our experience, dedication and extensive knowledge of the law makes us effective at helping our clients obtain the best possible outcomes to their important legal matters.
Let’s Talk about Your Case – Contact Us
To set up a meeting with one of our trusted attorneys, call us today at 334-834-2000, or email us using the contact form at the top of this page. Initial consultations are free in most cases, and evening and weekend appointments are available for your convenience.