In light of our last blog that discussed how many ignition interlock devices (IIDs) have been installed in Alabama since 2012, we thought it would be a good time out point out the specific vendors that are currently approved to install IIDs in the state.
If you have been ordered by the court to have an ignition interlock device installed in your vehicle, going to an approved vendor will be necessary to fulfilling your court order, successfully completing the terms of your DUI probation and, in turn, putting your DUI case behind you.
Approved Interlock Providers in Alabama
An experienced Birmingham & Montgomery DUI attorney points out the 3 approved IID providers in Alabama. Contact us for the best DUI defense.
The three vendors that are currently approved IID providers in Alabama are as follows:
Smart Start (based in Irving, TX)
- Alabama locations include offices in Albertville, Anniston, Decatur, Dothan, Gadsden, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Odenville, Opelika, Ozark, Spanish Fort and Winfield.
- Email: [email protected]
- Toll-free: (800) 880-3394
Draeger Safety Diagnostics, Inc. (based in Irving, TX)
- The Alabama location is currently in Pelham, and more locations may soon be added.
- Website: http://www.dsdi4life.com/interlock-xt/
- Service Contact: (866) 385-5900
Sens-O-Lock of America, LLC (based in Slingerlands, NY)
- Alabama locations include offices in Auburn, Boaz, Dothan, Foley, Lineville, Madison, Mobile (which has 2 locations), Montgomery, Pelham, Sheffield and Tuscaloosa.
- Website: http://www.sensolockamerica.com
- Service Contact: (404) 748-4484
What to Know before Visiting an IID Provider
- You must bring a copy of your court order to have an ignition interlock device installed on your vehicle with you to the IID provider.
- You are responsible for covering all of the costs associated with installing and maintaining IIDs.
- You will need to be prepared to return to the IID provider on a regular basis to have the device recalibrated.
- The above list of currently approved IID providers in Alabama is subject to change, so be sure to consult the most updated list of approved providers before traveling to one of these facilities and having an IID installed on your vehicle (for the most up-to-date listings, click here).
Birmingham & Montgomery DUI Attorney at Joe Reed & Associates, LLC
Have you or someone you love been charged with a DUI? If so, you can turn to an experienced Birmingham & Montgomery DUI attorney at Joe Reed & Associates, LLCfor the strongest possible defense and effective help resolving your case as favorably as possible.
For nearly two decades, our attorneys have been dedicated to the pursuit of justice in every case we oversee, and we won’t back down until our clients obtain the best possible outcomes their important legal matters. Let us put our experience, skills and extensive knowledge of the law to work helping you craft the best DUI defense.
To find out more about your DUI defense options, as well as how we can help you, contact our firm today by calling us at 334-834-2000 or by emailing us using the contact form at the top of this page. Initial consultations are free in most cases, and evening and weekend appointments are available for your convenience.